Akoni’s Copernico, a stylishly modern update on Cary Grant and Harold Lloyd’s frames, builds on cinema’s history of subliminal messaging, relying on adjustable Japanese Titanium temples, sculpted front Japanese Acetate and a technically advanced nose bridge that helps create an impressive internal titanium double rim. After legendary director Howard Hawks cast Cary Grant to play opposite Katherine Hepburn in 1938’s classic screwball comedy Bringing up Baby, Hawks told him to pattern his character after the silent film comedian Harold Lloyd. Grant’s wardrobe should include the same iconic round glasses that Lloyd had famously worn in all his films, decades earlier. Lloyd’s signature glasses served as a sort of a shorthand, signaling an intellectual leading man who was charming, physically fit and modest.
- Gross Weight (gr): 37.4
- Temple: Custom adjustable Japanese titanium temples, end-pieces and tips and threaded tube screw system
- Temple Tip: Branded titanium temple tip
- Nose Pads: Ceramic with beta-titanium nose pad arms and metallic plating
- Lenses: Clear, 4-base CR-39
- Country of Origin: Made in Japan
Lens – 45mm
Bridge – 23mm
Temple – 152mm
Matte Navy on Silver
FREE Express Shipping on all orders.
Free returns within 14 days of receiving your item. No questions asked, exchange or refund.